Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre announced detectives are investigating a series of vehicle burglaries in the South Lafourche area that occurred early Thursday morning.
On February 4, 2021, the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office received reports of multiple vehicle burglaries in Cut Off in the areas of East 85th Street to East 90th Street, as well as the area of West 123rd Street and West 124th Street. Through investigation, detectives determined several unknown subjects, all wearing hooded sweatshirts, were dropped off in the area by a dark-colored pickup truck. In all, detectives investigated more than 26 cases, some involving more than one burglarized vehicle. Burglaries occurred only in cases where vehicles had been left unlocked, while the attempted burglaries occurred when the burglars moved on after finding a locked vehicle. Among the stolen items were cash, wallets, debit/credit cards, and one pistol. Residential security cameras captured images of the subjects.
Surveillance cameras captured video of the subjects at several locations. Anyone who can identify these individuals, or anyone with any other information about this crime, is asked to submit a tip submit a tip anonymously through Crime Stoppers Bayou Region by phone at 1-800-743-7433 or online at www.crimestoppersbr.org. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers through the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office mobile app. Tipsters could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 in cash if the information leads to an arrest.
As featured on
- Easton cruises past South Lafourche on night when local powers all fall
- 90s kids unite: Some random things I remember from my childhood on the bayou - Part 2
- Tuesday COVID update continues drop in state virus hospitalizations with steady positivity
- Prep Baseball/Softball Scoreboard: February 22, 2021
- News in Brief- February 23, 2021
- The Japanese government arrested, mutilated, and crucified 26 missionaries
- Levee system would bolster southeast Louisiana storm protection, but $1.9B price tag raises concerns
- Louisiana’s dependence on federal aid leaves budget picture unclear
- Local teen missing since November 2020 found in Florida
- Legendary Ellender girls' basketball coach hospitalized during girls' 1st-round playoff game
- Thibodaux man indicted on murder charges in New Year's Eve shooting
- 3 charged in armed robbery, shooting in Galliano
- Firemen work throughout the night on 3-alarm fire in Galliano
- One dead after early-morning shooting in Thibodaux
- JEREMY GASPARD
- RANDY HEBERT
- Lady Tarpons roll to 2nd round of 4A State Playoffs in dominant road win
- Lafourche booking log: February 21, 2021