We have every, single paper copy of our newspaper that's ever printed!
So we have decided to go into the archives weekly and give you all a blast from the past.
We will call it "Back in the Day" and we think it will be a cool look at the news from our past.
You will see familiar local names, familiar local businesses (some that may have closed down) and a look into our bayou's history.
So join us today as we go back more than 40 years to the December 1, 1976 issue of The Lafourche Gazette.
Are you new to our Back in the Day Series? Check 'em all out online:
As featured on
- What is "Phase 4" of re-opening? The LHSAA clarifies today in Baton Rouge
- Nicholls President says he, his family, have tested positive for COVID-19
- International Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo postponed as COVID cases rise
- Louisiana AG announces positive test for COVID-19
- Terrebonne halts all athletic activities 'until further notice' as parish's COVID cases rise
- Louisiana COVID update comes with new cases, increase in hospitalizations
- Lafourche Booking Logs - July 10-13
- BRANDON CLARK
- Beloved South Lafourche teacher remembered for her love for her students
- Several Lafourche schools to receive free breakfast/lunch for ALL students in 2020-2021
- LHSAA draft: No football games until Phase 4 of economic re-opening
- China says package of imported shrimp contained COVID-19; stateside scientists say food-based spread 'highly unlikely'
- 0 local nursing home residents contracted COVID last week, though employees were among new positive cases
- Run-Off set for vacant school board set, but winner to be crowned without contest
- Full Lafourche Parish Election Results
- Local school board candidate drops out of weekend election
- LHSAA says it's "fully committed" to high school athletics in 2020-2021
- REPORTS: Governor to issue mask mandate, tightened restrictions at press conference