We have every, single paper copy of our newspaper that's ever printed!
So we have decided to go into the archives weekly and give you all a blast from the past.
We will call it "Back in the Day" and we think it will be a cool look at the news from our past.
You will see familiar local names, familiar local businesses (some that may have closed down) and a look into our bayou's history.
So join us today as we go back more than 50 years to the May 28, 1969 issue of The Lafourche Gazette.
As featured on
- LHSAA draft: No football games until Phase 4 of economic re-opening
- Monday COVID update gives another large batch of COVID cases to Louisiana
- COURTNEY MOUSSEAU
- OPINION: It's a new chapter in our COVID response; let's make the best of it ... together
- TERRY CHERAMIE
- JEANETTE GUIDRY
- Kelly Preston, actor and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57
- Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Beloved South Lafourche teacher remembered for her love for her students
- Several Lafourche schools to receive free breakfast/lunch for ALL students in 2020-2021
- Lafourche Parish Schools release "Back to School" online form for parents
- China says package of imported shrimp contained COVID-19; stateside scientists say food-based spread 'highly unlikely'
- 0 local nursing home residents contracted COVID last week, though employees were among new positive cases
- Run-Off set for vacant school board set, but winner to be crowned without contest
- Local school board candidate drops out of weekend election
- Full Lafourche Parish Election Results
- LHSAA says it's "fully committed" to high school athletics in 2020-2021
- REPORTS: Governor to issue mask mandate, tightened restrictions at press conference