We have every, single paper copy of our newspaper that's ever printed!
So we have decided to go into the archives weekly and give you all a blast from the past.
We will call it "Back in the Day" and we think it will be a cool look at the news from our past.
You will see familiar local names, familiar local businesses (some that may have closed down) and a look into our bayou's history.
So join us today as we go back almost more than 50 years to the May 6, 1970 issue of The Lafourche Gazette.
Are you new to our Back in the Day Series? Check 'em all out online:
As featured on
- Louisiana lawmakers call another COVID-19 special session
- SEC football opens minus big crowds, tailgating, some stars
- Ginsburg's death puts Roe v. Wade on the ballot in November
- KENNETH LLOYD HIX and MISSY LYNN TOUPS HIX
- 3 arrested on drug charges after traffic stop in Lockport
- COVID outbreaks in Louisiana schools minimal so far, per LDH numbers
- Wednesday COVID update gives Louisiana small rise in COVID cases, small hospitalizations rise
- (WITH VIDEO) LPSO investigating burglary of Dollar General Store in Gray; public help sought
- Galliano man sentenced to 23 years in prison for kidnapping, beating, burning victim in 2018
- Thibodaux native records 1st collegiate touchdown for Ragin' Cajuns
- Louisiana, Lafourche show strong % positive rates in Sunday COVID update
- Golden Meadow man wanted after hit and run boat crash
- Coach O and mother Coco to be featured on '60 Minutes' Sunday
- Lafourche Booking Logs - Sept. 16-18
- Larose man sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of raping a teenager
- Lafourche and Terrebonne booking logs - September 20, 2020
- Lafourche cancels on-campus learning next Friday to get schools ready for 5-day a week learning
- La. 1 closed to cars south of flood protection due to Beta's rains