We have every, single paper copy of our newspaper that's ever printed!
So we have decided to go into the archives weekly and give you all a blast from the past.
We will call it "Back in the Day" and we think it will be a cool look at the news from our past.
You will see familiar local names, familiar local businesses (some that may have closed down) and a look into our bayou's history.
So join us today as we go back more than 30 years to the January 8, 1986 issue of The Lafourche Gazette.
Are you new to our Back in the Day Series? Check 'em all out online:
- NORA VEGA
- LHSAA announces bylaw changes with basketball playoffs coming this spring
- Cote Blanche Bridge back open to vehicle traffic after repairs
- Lady of the Sea receives, issues COVID vaccinations to the public
- State virus hospitalizations, percent positive rate both drop in Wednesday COVID update
- The Scorer's Table: Short-handed Thibodaux girls win on the hardwood; E.D. White rolls on the pitch
- Corps gets $12M, could pay $2.1B for hurricane protection
- MAURICE ARCENEAUX
- No injuries reported after fire destroys home in Grand Bois
- Lafourche/Terrebonne booking logs - January 17, 2021
- TPSO investigating double homicide in Montegut
- SUSAN WILLIAMS
- More Lafourche locations added to COVID vaccination sites
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Galliano
- SABRINA DOUCET
- TILMAN A. PIERCE
- South Lafourche lineman announces collegiate commitment
- Mutated, more contagious COVID strand found in Louisiana, per Gov. Edwards